Current Region of Travel: Antarctica

Current Region of Travel: Antarctica

June 1, 2005

Paris, Part Deux

Tis true, I headed back to Paris. Why, you ask? Three reasons, actually. The first was to rendezvous with a girl I had met in Bath at the beginning of my trip. Go ahead and pull your minds right out of the gutter because I have fillings that are older then this girl. She was just another solo traveler like myself and I thought it would be fun to speak English for a change. Second: I missed a few things the first time around, notably a close up look of the Eiffel Tower and the Palace of Versailles and I really wanted to see both. Thirdly, I wanted to shake the trip up a little bit. Part of the fun of the Eurail pass is getting to go where you want, when you want, and I wanted to take advantage of that by not following a set path. Mission accomplished. Paris was fun the second time around as well. I got to see the Eiffel Tower and Versailles as prescribed, as well as the Bastille and the Pantheon (not to be confused with the Parthenon or the Pentagon). The Eiffel tower wasn't really quite as tall as I expected so I dropped in a comment card suggesting they add another deck. Versailles, on the other hand, was bigger then I thought it would be and decorated with an opulance normally reserved for dead Pharoahs. There are so many rooms in that place that you can spend a night in a different room for an entire YEAR and still not sleep in them all. Honestly, we just kind of breezed through Paris on the way to Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment