Current Region of Travel: Antarctica

Current Region of Travel: Antarctica

June 10, 2005

Four Guys, Five Towns

The five towns of the Cinque Terra sit in the northwest corner of Italy just along the coast. The colorful fishing villages built into the cliffs seem to tumble down the mountainside right to the water's edge, a procession of dominoes waiting to fall. The sea is a stunning, clear, aquamarine and you can clearly see schools of fish swim by from high above. I convinced a cadre of guys from Switzerland to join me in this endeavor and boy was it a blast. Sorry to disappoint you again Mom, but I can now definitively say that if all of my friends jumped off of a cliff I would to; from about forty feet up to be precise. The jump was in plain view of the train station and the first of us to go (Brooks) got a hearty round of applause from the curious onlookers. Me? I assumed the Jesus-on-the-cross-manuever as I fatefully plummeted to a hearty jellyfish sting. The four of us found a great place to stay after some Australian girls directed us to the apartment of an entertaining older gent named Antonio. The guy was a trip. On my last night there it was just me and five girls. When Antonio saw me in the morning he asked me how my night had gone with a sly smile on his face. With a thick Italian accent he laughed and remarked: "YOU were the cock in the poultry!!!" And I'll leave you with that! More Cinque Terra stories to come!


-------------------------------------------------------------
Travel Tips For Jew - Train Travel
-------------------------------------------------------------

Use the bathroom early on long-distance trains; at the start of the ride the bathrooms are relatively clean but by the end they look like they have been visited by a procession of terminally ill monkeys with explosive diarrhea. They would need to develop an entirely new language for me to accurately describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment